New Year, New Resolution

2011 - write more

A new year, a new start, or at least that's what everyone is led to believe. The truth is, we all start each year with good intentions. To stop smoking, to lose weight, to drink less, to exercise more. But in reality come Valentines day our new years resolutions have been long forgotten, filed away with the Christmas decorations and put in the attic until December when they get dusted down and thought about all over again.

I haven't made a resolution this year, partly due to the fact that in October last year I stopped smoking, Just like that. No patches, no replacement therapy, no nothing. Cold turkey. The stress of having to cope with depriving myself of another of lives treats is just too much to bare!

There are of course plenty of things that I could do, lose weight, take up a new hobby, do a parachute jump, start collecting stamps like Gramps, but there isn't anything that stands out and inspires me, or indeed, nothing that could change me. Except of course... maybe... writing.

I have had this blog now for nearly five years and over which time I have had various emails, texts, Facebook comments, Facebook likes and conversations in pubs and people's lounges all generally saying very nice and complimentary things, which is humbling. Being the cynic that I am, I take it all with a pinch of salt. People always say nice things, nobody tells anyone anymore that they are going on, are boring and really need to get a life, thoughts of which I sometimes get from those dark and mysterious depths of my mind.

Nevertheless, upon reading a news article this morning on how Wordpress, a blogging platform, have set bloggers a challenge, to blog at least once a day or for the more casual blogger, once a week. Having already told myself that I needed to write more this may just be the perfect way in which to motivate myself to actually do it.

2011 promises to be a much quieter year than last, which was a series of personal highs. New jobs, lifetime ambitions fulfilled and marriage to the women I love. Oliver no longer pee's in public spaces and content therefore could well be at a  premium, especially as providing a weekly release is concerned!

Which is why therefore loyal reader, I send out this SOS! I am on the hunt for inspiration! Ideas, suggestions, thoughts and opinion. What can I possibly blog about over the next 51 weeks? Please have a think and drop me an email, submit a comment or post a letter with things I could possibly rabbit on about! It's either that, or the highlights of Accrington Stanley vs Gillingham each week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've a Stalker in Jesus

Not Alone in the Forest

Giving Santa the Sack